For our MOPS meeting yesterday (the first of the new MOPS year), we made chalkboard platters. Even if you are not crafty, this is a simple one to do. It can be used for decor, or for the kids to draw on.
- Silver platter (from Dollar Tree)
- Con-Tact Chalkboard Paper (from discountschoolsupply.com $6.49 for 18”x6’)
- Credit Card
- Using Chalkboard Contact paper, cut a piece of chalkboard to fit the middle portion of the platter.
- Remove the paper backing off of the Contact paper and adhere to the platter.
- Use a credit card to remove the bubbles.
- If desired, add a ribbon by drilling holes in the platter and then loop a ribbon through the holes.
- To get your chalkboard ready to use, you need to use the side of a piece of chalk and rub it all over the chalkboard to make it a cloudy white.
- Use a dry cloth to wipe it off.
- Now your chalkboard is ready to write on! Place by your front door and write "Welcome!" or use to write a favorite verse or poem. Get creative!